Our Office protects personal information in accordance with the requirements of Canada’s Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act which sets out standards pertaining to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. Our Office applies the ten principles of the Model Code as follows:
- Accountability – Our Office acknowledges that it is responsible for personal information collected and maintained by it or which is under its control. Our Office has taken appropriate measures to develop procedures to: (a) protect personal information; (b) receive and respond to complaints and inquiries; (c) train ourselves about policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information; and (d) distribute information explaining our policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information. We have designated Djanka as our “privacy officer”, who may be contacted as follows:
address: 260 Adelaide St. East, Suite #23 Toronto ON M5A 1N1
and who shall be responsible for coordinating our Office’s compliance with the following principles.
- Purposes – The specific purposes for which personal information is collected and used by our Office are to:- communicate with you as the client; and- perform photographic services for you, including but not limited to assisting you as the client in the composition (including stylization, costuming and design), production, execution, display, publication and the marketing of the photograph.
From time to time your photograph may be included in our Office’s portfolio or exhibition of photographic works performed by the Office. Additional purposes for which personal information is collected or used by our Office may be identified at the time of collection of such information.
- Consent – Our Office requires that an individual’s knowledge and consent be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of his or her personal information, except when inappropriate. Such consent is deemed to be given either by your unrestricted provision of any such personal information to our Office in the course of a photographic shoot or by your express written or oral consent as obtained through an agreement with you. Your consent is implied with respect to personal information collected by us prior to July 18, 2013. You may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, by contacting the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1.
With respect to internet and web site administration, our Office does not collect NETBIOS information relating to the IP address of any computer, and only uses temporary (and not permanent) “cookies” which are automatically deleted from the user’s browser upon logging out of our web site (“cookies” being small text files that can collect and store a variety of information).
- Collection – Our Office limits the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by our Office. Personal information will only be collected by our Office by fair means in accordance with applicable laws.
- Use, Disclosure & Retention – Personal information will not be used or disclosed by our Office for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties where the Office is to arrange for make-up, stylist, or costuming services for the client as part of the photo composition services. Personal information will be retained by our Office for fulfilment of the purposes for which it was originally collected, and shall be retained thereafter for a reasonable period, for the convenience of the client. Our Office shall use care when storing or destroying personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
- Accuracy – Personal information maintained by our Office shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your personal information or if any information needs to be updated to reflect a change in your situation, please contact the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1.
- Safeguards – Personal information used by our Office will be protected by appropriate safeguards. These safeguards include: (a) physical security measures, such as restricted access to the Office, monitored by a security and surveillance system, and locked cabinet storage where personal information is used; (b) computer safeguards such as firewalls and passwords; and (c) internal security measures, including restricted computer access and limited access to where personal information is stored.
- Openness – Our Office will make specific information available about our policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information. Please forward any inquiries to the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1.
- Access – Upon request made to our Office, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and be given access to that information. An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. Kindly forward any inquiries to the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1. If at any time we are unable to provide you with access to all of the personal information we hold regarding you, then our Office shall provide you with the reasons for the denial of access.
- Compliance – An individual may address a challenge concerning our Office’s compliance with the principles governing the collection, use or disclosure of personal information by referring any inquiries to the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1. Our Office will take appropriate measures to resolve any complaint which is justified relating to the management of personal information, including amending our policies and practices if necessary.
©2016-2017 Soup and Noodles Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved.